Pizza is so addicting. I read somewhere pizza is considered a perfect food. The triangle shaped slices are perfect for eating with the combination of a good sauce, cheese, and crust. Seems about right.
Problem is I am not a big fan of cheese. I'll have it from time to time but tend to stay away from diary as much as possible. Don't let them fool you. Diary isn't very healthy. Neither is meat.
Eating out might work if you order a pizza without cheese. I prefer to cook at home. Better ingredients and I can control what goes in.
TIP: When eating out, order a veggie pizza without cheese. Preferably on a wheat thin crust.
I came up with this recipe to satisfy my pizza craving without all the extras like salt, oil, cheese, and meats.
Vegan Pizza with Homemade Marinara
- Thin crust pizza crust (homemade dough or store bought. Trader Joe's has a good sprouted wheat pizza crust.)
- Marinara (I make my own. No oil or salt. Check out the recipe here.)
- Any veggies you have. In this recipe I used a veggie mish mash to top the pizza. (corn, peas, cauliflower rice, bell pepper)
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Lay the pizza down directly onto to the rack
- Turn half way through or as needed. I like it crispy.
- Cook about 10min total. Adjust as needed
- When you take it out, let it cool on a wood cutting board for a minute.
Super easy and very healthy. Maybe the healthiest pizza of all time. I sometimes sprinkle with nutritional yeast if I have some for that cheesy flavor. Add in chili flakes, jalapeños.
Serves one. I eat the entire pizza myself. Kids can make their own. :)