Dairy is terrible for your health. Soy milk also.
Buying almond milk from the store is not a good idea either. They are full of chemicals and sugar if you are not careful. Any store bought milk is not good.
If you are looking for an alternative. Make it at home. Here is a super simple almond milk recipe you can easily make at home.
No additives. Ingredients controlled by you. Fresh.
- 1/2 cup soaked organic almonds (soak overnight 8-12 hours)
- 2 cups spring water (use high quality water)
- 1 medjool date (optional)
- Dash of vanilla extract (optional)
- Wash out soaked almonds. Don't use the water they were soaking in.
- Put soaked almonds, water, date, and vanilla in a blender. I use a ninja.
- Blend for a 30sec or a minute.
- Pour into a nut milk bag. Get this one. Nut Milk Bag. It is worth it.
- Squeeze out milk. Pour into a mason jar. Should be good for a week at most.
- Save the almond milk pulp. Don't through it away. You can make granola or add to pancake batter.
This is a game changer. Don't have too much almond milk though.